This is the finished cardigan for Julie's baby (due in a couple of weeks) It was started back in April and is technically the second item that I have made from my own home-dyed, home-spun yarn. Ok, not very practical for a baby as it will have to be hand washed but it will probably only fit for a few weeks (then I have to insist that it becomes a family heirloom). I started following a pattern from an old baby knits book, then got distracted and forgot which one, so I have had to invent the shaping and edging. The design was invented because I was worried that the purple would not be enough, and it was a good thing I added the undyed bits as I had only a small nugget left. I am very pleased with how it has turned out.
And here it is being modelled by the cuddly orang-utan. All my baby hats are modelled by him in the photos on Ravelry so he is my official baby substitute.