Friday 17 September 2010

Outdoor poetry and all that

I was going to write a post about our weekend in Cornwall, but I've had a somewhat hectic week and Dunk beat me to it, so you can pop over here to his blog and read his post instead; there is a youtube clip and links to some of the performers we saw as part of the September Festival in St Ives. It was a wonderful eclectic mix of performance poetry, folk and rock music all taking place in Norway Square, a dozen square yards of walled garden squashed between the jumbled houses, where the performers battled interruptions from a passing ambulance, a persistent car alarm and a circling helicopter. All good fun, and certainly a temptation to return and stay longer another time, they have a literature festival in the spring.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful clip there of poetry and "the blues" type song accompaniment! I'm racking my brains for the only other time I was gobsmacked by a performance similar to Mr Devereux's... oh I can't remember his name - American poet guest of the Temenos Academy.. anyway!! It sounds like you both had a fabulous time!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martine - there's an award for you to collect from my blog - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin