Friday 29 March 2013

Dunky Jumpy mark 2 - Fibre Arts Friday

I made Dunk his first jumper over two years ago, and really he barely deserved a second one considering how little he has worn it, though on reflection I can see how short it is (and his hair has changed a lot too!). This new one was knitted in some merino cashmere aran from Kingcraig Fabrics (where I also bought yarn for my yellow cable jumper) and the pattern is Italianate Cables from Interweave press (Ravelry project link). It has been a huge slog as I started it in a fit of enthusiasm after doing my yellow one way back in September last year and it has languished very badly, making me feel guilty and unable to start any new projects. 

However have also returned a little to the hexipuffs and been trying to knit one a day, in the hope that if Creature gets into drama school it will be ready for her to take away with her, the tally is probably around 220 now.
(Please pop over the Fibre Arts Friday and visit other creative endeavours)

8 comments:

  1. I like that Dunk's jumper here looks like it's sparkling!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! Someday I hope I'll have the patience and nerve to try something that ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks great in the jumper.....and the color brings out the color of his eyes....hopefully he'll wear this one more..it looks quite snuggly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think his jumper looks great, and I like his model stance. Why do men never wear the jumpers you knit them? I can think of about 4 I have knitted for my husband, and he hardly every wears them. But he doesn't feel the cold like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that jumper and the color. My Grumpy wouldn't wear one if I made it...I barely get him to wear the scarf I wove for him. Men! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this sweater gets more use; it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a bunch of puffs and the jumper is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spotted Dunk walking past the bus stop outside Morrisons a couple of weeks ago - I've been meaning to tell you. My husband asked was he wearing the jumper? I have to confess I don't know, probably if I did know I could have been had up for dangerous driving, or not paying proper attention to the road or something similar ....... ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin