Saturday 2 May 2015

Welcome to the Monkey Read-a-thon

9.30am
Since Monkey missed out on the Dewey's Read-a-thon last week (and I didn't really participate much) we decided to have our own private read-a-thon today. So here is a picture of grumpy Holly, who is joining us on the arm of the sofa. I'm beginning the day with 'Cold Comfort Farm' by Stella Gibbons that I pinched from mum and dad's house. Monkey is starting with 'More Than This' by Patrick Ness, that I bought at the Manchester Literature Festival for her (even though the hole in the cover is really annoying). 

5.00pm
'Cold Comfort Farm' was a delight, and just as enjoyable as the film that Dunk and I watched a couple of months ago. Monkey gave up on 'More than this' and has been reading 'Lullaby' by Chuck Palahniuk. We have dozed a little bit on the sofa and eaten some rice krispie cake. I am moving on to 'The Last Kings of Sark' by Rosa Rankin-Gee that I ordered specially from the library, it having been on my wishlist for quite some time. 

11.00pm
We had some chinese food and watched part of 'The Princess Bride' for half an hour or so. Later we read a few chapters of 'The Hobbit', we have been reading it aloud to each other over the course of the last few read-a-thons. Monkey was dozing off as I get to the bit where Bilbo helps the dwarves to escape from the elvish castle at the edge of Mirkwood, so we called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.