Friday 3 July 2020

100 Days - 48th day Small joys


Today a lady stopped and asked me the way somewhere. It made my day. Nobody asks the way any more. I used to consider it an important part of the job, but smart phones have made my local knowledge redundant. 

Monkey has been reading 'The Secret Commonwealth' to us this evening, while we watched the chicks preening and 'pancaking' (lying flat in the nest, almost completely invisible). Every few days when we visit the osprey cam they have grown. The other day I realised they are only a month old, it's an astounding transformation, from this:
to this:

And in the three weeks since I first noticed the sprout, the mango tree has grown to about 4 inches.
Things growing makes me happy.

Stay safe. See you tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, me too! We had a couple of days of rain this week and that made for such good gardening conditions. I spent yesterday pulling weeds (okay - not so happy about them growing) and admiring my peas and the tiny sunflowers that have sprouted since last week. I hope they still have enough growing season left to grow to be 6' tall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin