Sunday 8 November 2020

100 Days - day 71 Phew!

 

I was driving home from work last night listening to the pundits on Radio 4 announcing that Biden had secured victory in the US presidential election. I feel both relieved and underwhelmed. It has been a stressful few weeks, politically speaking. I want Trump gone from my news feed and my telly screen, if I never hear the man's voice again it will be too soon. But Biden is just some middle-of-the-road Democrat who is not interested in upsetting the status quo or radically changing anything about anything. I guess he would probably list 'making the world a better place' among the aims for his presidency but I do not have strong feelings about him. What I hope is that Kamala Harris makes her mark. I mean, she's no Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, but it is good to see women finally making inroads in powerful places. The world feels a slightly better place today.

#100DaysToOffload

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin