Wednesday 3 July 2024

30 Days Wild

 

I signed up for 30 Days Wild, and they emailed me every day, but did pretty much nothing wild the entire of June. I constantly wish I spent more time out of doors but then slump at home after work. Yesterday bought me some wild delight however when I came across this Swallow-tailed moth (Ourapteryx sambucaria) sitting by the postboxes at 17 Mauldeth Road. It was still there today, which was nice because I had forgotten all about it. Moths are a much under-appreciated species as they are often not a beautiful as butterflies but they are just as important as pollinators. 
Stay safe. Be kind. Appreciate the moths.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty moth. There are a number of day-flying moths, which are always good to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moths are often MORE beasutiful than butterfles - lots of which can be quite drab, but we don't tend to notice them. Moths are magnificnet too - just google saturniidae silk moths - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess I am not even sure what distinguishes a moth from a butterfly, I will have to do some research. Martine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.