Sunday, 25 January 2009
I have been thinking for some time of doing some felting so have started by doing a basic bag. It was knitted as a long rectangle with side panels and handles added and sewn into shape. I put it through the washing machine at 60 degrees, twice. The first time still left it a little soft and shapeless. I am sorry that I didn't think to take a 'before' picture as it would give a good impression of the effect of the felting process. It has shrunk I guess by about 30%. The striped pattern was created randomly out of left over scraps.
So I have spent the day browsing for other patterns and yarn to do some further experiments.