Wednesday 22 April 2009

Wednesday Crochet

Tish learnt to crochet from Julie a while ago, I did too but she took to it much more enthusiastically. In fact I learnt as a child from my maternal grandmother, who crocheted 'professionally', but my skills never went much beyond very long chains. I still have some items that she made, including the dress that my teddy wears.
I picked up this book, 'Cute Crochet for Tiny Tots' by Helen Ardley at the library because Tish has been enjoying making baby stuff and thought it had some nice, simple patterns. It also has some basic stitch instructions, so when the set of new crochet hooks arrived yesterday I thought I really should master the skill properly. And it turned out to be not so complicated, and Tish gave me some good advice on keeping the tension from being too tight. I like the trebles... it grows really fast. Though as with most stuff I find that being left -handed I am doing it all backwards.

The dyed homespun has finally dried out and I am very pleased with the result. The colours are very peachy and warm. The red turned out more pinky than it looked initially but it blended in very nicely with the orange and yellow shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin