Wednesday 26 December 2012

Half a Penny

The half penny was removed from circulation in this country in December 1984, twenty eight years ago, but somehow I found one lying on the street a few weeks ago. Added to the rest of my findings from this year it comes to £39.28½ (edited 31/12/2012). It is a curiously close figure to last year's collection of £40.50. I think we will have to wait a few more years to discover if it is statistically significant. I keep the coins in a little drawer and my end of year perk is to go out and buy a little treat. Last year, while Dunk browsed the Apple Store, I drifted casually into the Monsoon sale and came away with a lovely red velvet coat. I think that might be the place to go this year too.

3 comments:

  1. If you save up for 3 years, you can get that long purple velvet coat we saw in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, you obviously do quite well when it comes to lost coins. I wonder how the half penny came to be in the street, surely it hadn't lain there all this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually remember the OLD halfpenny - and ten bob notes!

    Very best wishes for the new year

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin