Friday 13 January 2017

Jeeves and all that

On Only Connect the other week Victoria scolded one of the contestants who said they had never read any Jeeves and Wooster books. I promptly ordered 'The Inimitable Jeeves' on audiobook from the library which Dunk and I listened to together. I confess I did not find them particularly funny, and after the first two the story lines became very predictable. I was sorry that they were so short and we did not get to know Jeeves at all, since he is the character I remember from the TV series, which I did watch with much enjoyment. So I feel like I have given Wodehouse a chance but I don't think I am going to become a fan any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin