Saturday 26 December 2020

100 Days - Books of the year (ninety eight)

 

My christmas pressie to myself was a subscription to Gardener's World and I will enjoy learning lots of new things about plants. 

It has been a weird reading year; looking back I find that I have only reviewed 25 books, a pitifully low number for me, though the figure has been on the wane over the last couple of years. I will try and get around to linking back to them all on the Book Review page. The year started with the best book for me, which was 'Ducks, Newburyport' by Lucy Ellman, a story that absorbed me right in for several weeks and left me wanting to start again, which is an unusual thing. Back on Day 1 in April I reviewed 'Homestead' by Rosina Lippi, a most beautiful tale of remote Austrian farm life, then Day 11 took us to the surreal world of the Northern Ireland during the troubles with 'Milkman' by Anna Burns. In October I fell into the world of Rami and Bassam and the Palestinian/Israeli conflict and a story to remind you that real human beings are the victims of political conflicts. I don't feel like I have written a proper review all year, I have a few things waiting in line for the new year and I will try and take more time for reflection on my reading (but that's not a resolution). 

Stay safe. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.