Thursday 9 May 2024

Stuff in the Garden

The sun has been shining, but that has not deterred the slugs and snails. Slug hunts will be reinstated forthwith. (Isn't 'forthwith' a good word.) Other interesting things going on outside. Lots of aphids on one particular patch of campion, but also ladybirds, who like to eat aphids, so it's all good. I had ants farming the aphids one time, and then I had to rescue one of the Acers from an aphid attack last year.
My plum tree is doing what it did last year, and I have my fingers crossed for a few fruits. I missed the blossom, I think it was washed away by rain pretty quick, but now we have lots of 'potential plums'. Last year they did this ... then they just dried out and dropped off. It is supposed to self-pollinate so we will wait and see.
I potted up the crabapple and the two acer trees and they all seem pretty happy. I think it's safe to have the avocado tree outside now, it really loves the sunshine and the rain. Unfortunately the crabapple has another bout of powdery mildew, so I have chopped off 90% of the leaves.
Other perennials have been shifted around and given the sunny spot in the corner.
Stay safe. Be kind. Get out in your garden.

1 comment:

  1. Our apricot is busily dropping little, hard green fruits - one or two may survive and ripen.
    I love putting the houseplants outside for their summer holiday, but haven't started that yet - bit too chilly at night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.