Wednesday 7 August 2024

Slugs and Worms

I have not been out in the garden much this summer. My neglect makes me sad. I did a big chunk of sorting out on Sunday, removing all the dead stuff and moving things around. Then I treated myself to some late summer flowering things from Rosybee. While cutting back shoots on the bay tree stump that refuses to die I came across a couple of slugs having a fun time ... yes, the interweb says this is what slug sex looks like. We've previously had bee sex and beetle sex on this blog so why not.
Having emptied the garden waste compost at the weekend I decided to tackle the worm house.
This is the worms' magic trick ... now you see them ...
 ... now you don't ...
Birds-eye view of the yard for 2024 (previous view 2021 and 2022)
Stay safe. Be kind. Water those pots, even if it's raining.

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed lots of slugs and snails this year, not so surprising with all the rain we've had, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.