Saturday 24 October 2020

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon

 

It's time for the read-a-thon. I have not joined in much the last couple of times, too distracted and unable to focus, or working, or just lazy. I have done quite a lot of reading in recent months but only in short bursts at bedtime. It's my long weekend off and a day of just sitting and reading sounds like a good way to avoid feeling like I should do some hoovering. There has been no advance planning so I will just gather a few books and get the kettle on. 
Well Claire woke me up with a text and I thought it was the boss asking me to come to work, so that was a relief. All set up for the day, though I will not stay up in my bed nook all day.


I am part way through 'A Thousand Moons' by Sebastian Barry that I bought from Chorlton Bookshop recently so that is first in the pile. I have poetry from Jack Mapanje and Imtiaz Dharker, 'My Dark Vanessa' by Kate Elizabeth Russell and 'When I was a child I read books' by Marilynne Robinson that is on my 101 books list and I found in a charity shop the other week. I downloaded an audiobook of 'Race Matters' by Cornel West after reading a fascinating interview in the Guardian the other day, so that can accompany a bit of crochet (still working on a sofa blanket for a friend's wedding present). I think we have something for every mood.

You can visit other people who are participating and see what they are reading here (though I am working my own schedule so it's not officially started yet). Hope everyone has a wonderful reading day.

1 comment:

  1. I love the variety of the books you are reading today. What a lovely spot to read in, too.

    Good luck! I'm posting here: https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/10/its-time-for-deweys-24-hour-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.