Wednesday 5 April 2023

D is for Dandelion

In the middle of the yard the concrete is broken, very possibly by the dandelions pushing though, such weeds are notoriously determined, and much to my mum's disgust I let them do their own thing in amongst the pots. It is the case that dandelion flowers are very good for the bees and as far as I'm concerned that's makes them good enough for me. No flowers at the moment but a bit of sunshine will soon get it perked up. Much of my garden is made up of random things growing in pots that may or may not be what I planted but I like to just see what flowers and let nature take its course. 
I was also reminded of a post I wrote during lockdown in 2020 where Monkey and I mused on the awesome power of dandelions. Never underestimate a weed.
Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.

#AtoZChallenge 2023
Stay safe. Be kind. Give the weeds some space.

5 comments:

  1. I think dandelions not as weeds but flowers in their own way. Anything that is this persistent should to be allowed to go their own way.

    Have a lovely day.

    P.S., my A-Z posts are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, lovely! And they're good in salad, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that too, that dandelions are good for the bees. That's one of the reasons I don't really mind them growing in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always enjoyed dandelions and here in rural TN, we just let them grow.

    Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.