Monday 10 April 2023

H is for Honeysuckle

The honeysuckle was the first thing I planted in my garden. We had one many years ago in a garden in Pittington and I have wanted another ever since. Mum sent me this one that was planted in June 2020 after I chopped down the overbearing bay tree. It's currently April so no flowers on the honeysuckle at present (photo from last summer); they are not showy and the joy is more in the scent. It does suffer a bit from the aphids which cluster on the flowers and in 2021 I bought some ladybird larvae but am not sure how much they helped.
Three years later it is at the top of the wall and flourishing
Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.
#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter H
Stay safe. Be kind. Use your vertical spaces for more plants.
(Finished my puzzle: Pieter Brueghel- A Village Festival)

2 comments:

  1. I definitely love the scent of honeysuckle but I remember once it got hold in my garden it liked to attemppt to strangle other plants such as my magnolia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.