Thursday 18 January 2024

Lost for Words

 

This is Casey Birks. I first met him when he was a couple of months old. It's lovely to have people in your life whose presence makes the world a better place. When he was young his mum Julie and I used to wonder how he would ever go out into the world. One of the joys of home education is that children can do such things at exactly their own pace. Nobody made him go out into the world before he was good and ready. And some children take longer than others. He started learning the piano, I think that was first. And it was as if he found his niche, and he blossomed. And last week he launched his album at the Carlton Club in Whalley Range. Over 100 people gathered, most of whom were his friends. It is called Lost For Words, available from Bandcamp. Also listenable on YouTube. And it was a delight to watch them play with so much joy together and to have watched him grow and develop as a musician. My heart bursts with pride to see the amazing young man he has become.

And because the Ridley Birks family has been part of my life for such a long time I came across this, which to me somehow encapsulates everything about the life we lived for so many years, and freedom and opportunities it offered us, and I try not to mourn its end. In the tree: Casey, Max, Sadie, Monkey, Rhiannon, Tom, Althea and Al.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Casey! I love to see people following their dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to remember the young ones they were and to see how far they've grown.
    I enjoyed the video clip, particularly the 'Mummy, Mummy, Mummeeee' at the end with the 'Yes, lovey.'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.