Friday 19 January 2024

Blogiversary Joy 2024

It was way back in 2009 and we lived in a little corner of the Cotswolds when I started this blog. Fifteen years later I find myself still here, though we are no longer there. When someone at the gym asked the Tish where she lived he described it as 'the hood', but as far as I'm concerned this is my cosy corner off the world and I am glad of it.
So, statistics: all time views, over half a million. In internet terms that's nothing, some people get that many views in an hour. I stopped worrying years ago about whether my blog was read by anyone, I have come to think of it much more as a diary that just happens to be available to other people. 1556 posts, mostly about books. Most visited posts remain the Margaret Atwood Poetry from 2010 and how to make a lizard cake from 2012, but also Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong from 2021.
The world is currently rubbish so I am grateful to have a life full of people to love. Here they are:
My family in 2010
My original nuclear family 2012
Dunk 2013
New Year 2015
Work people 2018
Lyra, best kitten ever
Jacob, Kerri and Aisla 2022
Lewis and Rachel's Wedding 2023
Adylaide 2023
Wyatt 2024


6 comments:

  1. Happy blogversary. It's fun to look back, even more fun to look forward . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary, I thought I'd nip over and visit you since you have just found me and mine.

    I started a year earlier than you in 2008 with my first blog, at the time in Cumbria and than we moved to Oxfordshire and our first farm and I started my longest blog. Its wonderful having the years of our lives and our adventures recorded on our blogs for posterity isn't it. Here's to many more happy years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been around the blog block as long as you but I've not stayed at a blog for 15 years and I admire that. It takes a lot to keep a blog running and most have quitted so I'm glad you're still around. Happy blogiversary!

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.