Monday 8 April 2024

G is for Glitch

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter G
G is for Glitch, from the German 'glitschen' or the Yiddish 'glitshn', meaning to slip or slide. I use it a lot at work when people come in and tell me that the tracking says their package is available to collect, when in fact it has been sent back out for delivery. I am guessing it is a word that came about solely because of the existence of computers; did life used to have glitches? I'm not sure it did. 

Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.
(Images for this challenge taken from Wikimedia Commons)


3 comments:

  1. Glitch is a very useful word, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re right, I don’t remember it being used before computers, either. But today, the word “glitch” is ubiquitous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually useful for those errors that cannot be explain.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.