Tuesday 9 April 2024

H is for Hummus

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter H
Food glorious food. Despite a reputation for having a bland diet Britain is full of foods that have arrived from other countries, and as such so many of our food words. H is for Hummus, nectar of the gods. It comes from the Arabic word that actually just means chickpea, and our use of Hummus is just a shortening of the phrase that means 'chickpeas with tahini'. My sister is a hummus fiend and sticks a dollop on the side of the plate at whatever meal she is having; I do come back from a visit feeling well nourished, it is packed with all sorts of goodness.

Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.


3 comments:

  1. Hummus is so tasty. We haven't made it for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE hummus! I do like it with a bit more garlic and lemon in it than my wife, but it is one of our favorite snacks.
    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side: 2024 A to Z of Dungeons & Dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife loves it. Me, not so much...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.