Wednesday 10 April 2024

I is for Incommunicado

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter I
I is for Incommunicado, from the Spanish 'not permitted to communicate', originally referring to prisoners held in solitary confinement but in English the meaning as been extended to refer to people who voluntarily cut themselves off from others. It seems that communicating with other people is considered an essential part of being human. Many of the images that came up were people campaigning against the use of solitary confinement as a punishment.

Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.


2 comments:

  1. I love how heavily English borrows from other languages. I'm visiting for the first time on the A to Z, but I've just had a quick read through your previous posts. I like the length and the content. As the Terminator said, I'll be back.
    https://dacairns.com.au/blog/f/a-to-z-blogging-challenge-i

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.