Sunday 21 May 2023

Decorating the yard

I have spent this week rearranging plants and putting up some of the decorations I have been collecting. First up in the bamboo duck that my sister sent ages ago. It has been hanging in the living room from the hook that is used for the Christmas tree. There is no breeze indoors so we have not had the full effect, so now its outside we get a wonderful plink plonk noise when the wind blows.
Below is the dragonfly that Claire also bought me for Christmas that has a sunny spot next to the jasmine.
Here is my snail, that I had on my Etsy wishlist for ages. He has a lovely spot on the back of my bench (that I also devoted two afternoons to rubbing down and re-oiling this week).
This bee hotel is a more recent find. I did make a 'bug hotel' type affair on the wall but it does not specifically have space for solitary bees and since I had so many bee visitors last summer I am hoping some of them might stop around:
Stay safe. Be kind. Decorate your space.

1 comment:

  1. Love the snail! I have wind chimes outside but they've been overgrown by the pyracantha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.