Friday 19 May 2023

Escape from the cage

 
Just when you think you've been working in one place too long it manages to surprise you. I found this Santa's Elf door just randomly on the skirting by the door to the men's. Admittedly there is usually a bin standing in front of it, but who knows how long it might have been there.
So for once Royal Mail institutes a plan and it has the effect they anticipated. The cage is deserted, few packets and fewer customers. Last week I moved all the packets and Stuart and I removed a chunk of the shelving to make a lovely open space in the middle. Then the manager had a little 'chat' and asked if I would be prepared to return to an outdoor job. I said I was happy to, and picked Cotton, duty 89, that has been without a permanent holder for some time now. Here is my frame. It is the first time I have had my own walk, having previously always done holiday and day-off cover:
Here is my nice little box for keeping tea making stuff and random useful stickers:
And my High Capacity Trolley (maximum loaded weight 122kg)
I am back doing the inward primary sorting (IPS) with everyone else and it has been nice to be part of the big team again rather than working alone in the cage. I have done ten days now, and while it is much more tiring than working indoors the sun has mostly shone on me and I am looking forward to the summer.
Stay safe. Be kind. Get yourself some vitamin D.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the sun continues to shine for you. Don't forget the sunscreen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.