Monday 1 May 2023

Reflecting on the 2023 A to Z

#AtoZChallenge 2023 Winner
Again this year I came to the A to Z Challenge at the last minute. But I am glad I did. I have been blogging for 14 years now (though I keep forgetting my blogiversary) and my enthusiasm for writing it has waxed and waned. I first did the A to Z back in 2012 when there were, I believe, well over a thousand participants, and although the blogosphere has also waxed and waned over the years there are still lots of people out there connecting over the things that they enjoy. My garden has given me much joy in the last couple of years and looking back this April has enthused me ready for the summer ahead.
New seedlings are waiting for the summer to arrive:
I did a lot of blog hopping.
The Girdle of Melian is the only person still blogging from my first reflections post, who I have been following all this time.
Planet Pailly was my first find this year, fascinating posts about the planet Mercury.
Jabblog has also been posting about flora and fauna, some wonderful photos every day.
John at The Sound of One Hand Typing has given us an amazing eclectic mix of music and musings.
Sarah posted an interesting selection of photos, slotted in-between her writing.
Zombie Flamingos gets a mention because I am a sucker for an wacky blog title, and they also post cats and flowers, what's not to love.
And Sharon, who I only found on the reflections list, did Disney music, and going back through her posts has lifted the mood of our afternoon muchly.
Thanks to the team at the A to Z Challenge and to everyone who participated, see you again next year.
Stay safe. Be kind. Blog on!

8 comments:

  1. Though I have been blogging since 2004, I joined the April Challenge just a few years ago. It was tougher this time, and I have not been able to read as many posts as I wished to. I shall go through your posts in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you signed up for the challenge!
    I love to see a good garden.
    I enjoyed the April Blogging from #AtoZChallenge 2023.
    Proof of Existence, book two in my dark urban fantasy series, came out in April. I hope you'll check it out.
    And please don't miss the amazing giveaway on my blog. Act fast and enter now!

    J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Speculative Fiction &Reference Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reflections post - I'm glad you joined in and well done for completing the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started in 2012 with A-Z (blogging since 2006), did several years, skipped a couple, and decided to come back with two blogs this year. It's been interesting to see the wide variety of posts from folks. I started following 40, went down to 35, now back at 38. We'll see how many I stick with as the month goes on. Congrats!

    Our Prime Years - Life in Tennessee
    DB McNicol - author | traveler | shutterbug
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Photographs
    Hopping thru my day - Personal Thoughts, Memories, & Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from a blogger of...let's see, I guess it's 14 years, too (April of 2009). I've done A to Z every year since 2014 and I have no idea how I missed your blog. John (The Sound of One Hand Typing) is amazing with his output, isn't he? Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy following Planet Philly as well. I didn't discover your blog until today when I was browsing the Reflections list. I'm looking forward to reading more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on longevity and finishing.

    Beth
    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.