Tuesday 19 January 2010

Happy Blogiversary

Here we are, one year on from my first post and I am still blogging. I couldn't think of anything startling to write when I arrived at my 100th post ... and I am similarly at a loss today ... it has been a singularly ordinary day; work followed swiftly by shopping, followed by an afternoon nap, followed by 'Deal or No Deal' and then dinner. In some ways browsing the blog world what you find is that mostly people do lead very ordinary lives, and it is perfectly okay to lead an ordinary life. I am looking forward to another year of blogging about stuff that interests me and hoping a few people might enjoy reading it.

So here are the year's statistics:
151 posts
177 comments (yeah!)
30 followers
56 books read (52 books challenge actually started about this time last year)
several miles of yarn knitted
several hundred yards of yarn spun
large amounts of felt made
1 rug ragged
2 unfinished knitting projects
4 cakes, 1 batch of doughnuts and 1 lemon meringue pie
1 month on sick leave
2 snow days off work
13 (I think) visits with the Ridley Birks family
1 magical mystery tour
2 new hair colours (M, not me!)
3 new babies (again not mine:-)
1 young adult left home

I like to have a photo every post, so here is a different anniversary photo. My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on 31st May 2008 and we had a big family gathering. Here we are in the garden of their lovely house in Newton Abbott:
(left to right: me, Bart, Mum, Giles with Jay, Claire and Dad). We don't all get together very often so it was lovely to have an excuse.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary!! What a beautiful family. I'm so glad you stopped by WM today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first full year of blogging. Here's to many more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! I think blogging is so rewwarding and creative. I don't know what I did with myself before I discovered it. And I enjoyed reading your stats! And the family photo is lovely -- we don't have many of our family all together either.

    And there is nothing wrong with an ordinary life -- they are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin