Tuesday 5 April 2022

A to Z of Joys ( A through D)


So a few years ago I used to regularly do the Blogging from A to Z Challenge, and I signed up again this year, and promptly forgot all about it. Then it came to my attention again on Sunday and I thought, oh no, it's too late now. And then I thought, actually yes, it is fine, I will just catch up. Last summer I reviewed 'The Book of Delights' by Ross Gay, and it gave me much pleasure, so I thought I would do my A to Z of the little joys that punctuate my life. 

First up, A is for Ady, my lovely, lovely granddaughter, who's presence in the world gives me much joy:
B is for the blossom on my plum tree. It is in its second year now, and we hope for plums:
C is for cosiness. I have recently replaced the covers on my Ikea sofa. It's pretty old but I found a company called Comfort Works, who do new covers for all sorts of old sofas, and they made these lovely new blue velvet ones. It brings a whole new level of enjoyment to cuddling up under the hexipuff quilt:
D is for my dangling duck, that my sister Claire bought me for Christmas. He is made of bamboo and when the weather dries up he will go outside and adorn the garden and add a gentle bink-bonk when the summer breeze blows:
Stay safe. Be kind. Blog from A to Z.

5 comments:

  1. This was a great way to catch up! I need to remember this idea in case I get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that duck. It made me laugh with delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a new cover for my couch! I'll have to check that place out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hexi-puff quilt gives me an idea. I have fabric hexis already cut to that size, I never thought to "puff them up" like that! Many thanks and hello from a fellow A to Z er. I will be following you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping by from the challenge and yes it's totally ok to do several letters on one day. I'm still managing to mine a day at a time but only just lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.