Sunday 31 March 2013

Welcome to the A to Z challenge 2013

Tomorrow begins the annual blogfest that is The Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  Last year I decided to step out of my normal routine and every day through April I wrote 100 words flash fiction pieces, starting with A for Adultery and ending at Z for Zealot. This year I have decided to explore an aspect of writing that is very close to my heart - children's literature. Looking up the word 'literature' I find this: written works, especially those considered of superior or lasting artistic merit. I spent many, many years reading children's books and during that time I tried very hard to read things to my children that were good stories, well told and (most essentially I feel) well illustrated; good pictures can really make a story book. I confess as the years passed I became a bit of a children's book snob, there are so many out there that are just not worth reading. This month I aim to introduce you to some of our favourites and hope to inspire and encourage parents. The photo here shows my children, from the left, Lewis, Creature, Tish and Jacob (all now adults) underneath a spiders web of yarn that they created that filled our entire house. 

(visit here to my reflections post from last year's challenge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin