Tuesday 3 October 2023

October Flowers

 

I chopped down a load of stuff in the garden a week or so ago, and just left it in a huge heap hoping it might dry off or something. It is all still a mess. But I popped outside just now to see what has been going on and found all sorts of delights. Above, a sunflower in with the plum tree.
Below, the miniature rose decided it was warm enough to put out some fresh blooms:
The persicara flowers on and on since July:
The morning glory was a disappointment all summer, growing huge and attaching itself to the honeysuckle but no flowers ... and then suddenly a few weeks ago a fabulous display of bright blue ... delightful:
Some random borage self seeded in one of the pots, it remains one of my favourites:
Indoors: I had left a couple of basil plants on the outside kitchen window sill (just to see how they would do) and I had bought one inside to use recently and now it's decided to flower too:
And the lemon pips that Dunk saved for me have all sprouted and now I have 3 tiny lemon trees:
And I totally forgot to mention that when I chopped down the *outside* cucamelon plant I was astonished to find it had fruited ... a dozen cucamelons ... I call that a win.
Stay safe. Be kind. Get another compost bin because it's amazing how much waste 20 square metres of concrete can produce.

2 comments:

  1. Pleasures when you least expect them are the best of all . . . or the best among many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice surprises. I'm almost finished with my fall clean up also. Have filled lots of trash cans and trash bags over the last couple of weeks. Not something I enjoy, seeing everything stop blooming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.