Sunday 25 December 2011

Annual reading list

It's been a funny old year, I don't feel like I've read as much as in previous years, and have abandoned several books in disgust or boredom. I feel like I have been trying to find interesting books but failed, it is quite a while since I found something totally engaging, or maybe I have not been giving things my full attention. I have been knitting a sweater for Tish and made no progress in two months. I have lost all my oomph. So maybe a list will help, and remind me of the things I have enjoyed.


So that is only 49 books, and 15 of them were audiobooks, plus some listed are children's books so not serious reading.
Books I have read and not reviewed:
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
The Man in the Picture by Susan Hill

Best books of the year: Wolf Hall and The Wasp Factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin