Monday 12 March 2012

Secret Pooh Project

For the last couple of weeks I have been working on a little something for my favourite two-year-old, who has become enamoured of Winnie the Pooh. This is really just a quickie to show them off as Creature and I took them round for her this afternoon (it being many months 'til her birthday and there was no way we could hide them for that long.)
Many many years ago now, probably at least 15 or 16, I found this book, The Pooh Craft Book by Carol S. Friedrichsen:
in our local library in Belmont. I made a set of the Pooh characters for Lucy, the then very little daughter of my good friend Michelle, who is a huge fan of the Winnie the Pooh books. I had not thought of them in years but the Babe's newfound addiction to Pooh reminded me and I sought out a copy on Amazon. I invested a small amount of money on some felt from The Felt Fairy on eBay and dug out the remains of what used to be a vast collection of embroidery silks.


So here they are:
Winnie the Pooh (with movable arms and legs and jacket that comes off too)

Piglet (also movable arms, and hippy rainbow t-shirt)

Kanga and baby Roo, who comes in and out of her pouch.

Pooh and Piget together

Tigger (I'm the only one)

Wol, or Owl

Rabbit (who, the Babe spotted, is lacking a tail, will have to fix that asap)

Eeyore

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Oh they're adorable! The whole family of Hundred Acre Wood from felt and looking amazing! Oh your two year old is going to love these!

    Yay! Glad your blog is back now too!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly amazing gift!

    Although I am already tiring of listening to her of the limited vocabulary say, "Pooh Bear...Twowhit Twowhoo...Pooh Bear!"

    Lovely Edward Bear ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kanga has now taken to carrying a marble around in her pouch so Roo has a ball to play with...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin