Tuesday 5 July 2022

Goodies and Badies

I have been potting up random seedlings and enjoying the sunshine. And watching random flying things visiting the flowers. Not sure, some of them are bees, some of them are hoverflies. The hugest, fattest bumblebee I have seen passed through the yard, paused at a few places and then drifted off down the terrace before I could get a photo.
This one below is a very beautiful cranefly that sat on the sunflower leaf for ages yesterday:
Bee visiting the daisies:
Another bee visiting the scabiosa:
And then there were some badies. The sawfly larvae are back, this time they have attacked the dog rose:
And what I thought were just some kind of cute beetle thing I discovered are actually the dreaded vine weevils. I squashed him. Sorry. (I feel bad, what can I say, it was not a nice thing to do, even to something that is planning on munching my plants).

Stay safe. Be kind. But maybe not to vine weevils. And don't feel bad about protecting your babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.