Friday 10 July 2020

100 days - 49th: saying no, and yes

It's my long weekend off; on Thursday Stacey asked if I would work tomorrow and I am proud of myself for politely saying that I had plans with my garden. Last week my Sunday test kit collection round was cancelled due to lack of interest. Then the government opened the pubs. Today Stacey asked me if I was happy to start doing the collections again because the numbers had gone back up. So I said yes. Oh well, not as much garden stuff as I had planned.

Rhubarb from Julie and Al's allotment became rhubarb and ginger jam this evening:
Elsewhere in the kitchen the mango now looks like a miniature tree:
And there are some very tiny chilli sproutlings, from some seeds that Monkey and I acquired at Wahaca many years ago when she was in London being a Monkey:
I went to B&Q with Julie for paint, and came home with an Acer. It was in the reduced section, but hopefully will add a bit of greenery to a corner of the yard
Pretty thing sprouting in one of the pots, not sure what:
and tiny flowers on the thyme:

Stay safe. See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.