Thursday 2 June 2022

30 Days Wild - Night crawlers

Excuse the dark photos but I captured this surreal image on my slug hunt on Tuesday. I had not idea that worms could climb. I have a whole new respect for their mountaineering exploits. He was just held in place by his own slime and seemed to be heading somewhere with intent.
Then we were sitting last night and I spotted Dunk had a visitor on the living room window (on the second floor). I have to assume it was a slug egg lurking in some compost or maybe bought in with one of his recently acquired plants. Dunk dropped it out of the window ... but I'm sure he'll be back.
Stay safe. Be kind. Respect the slimy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.