Sunday 12 June 2022

30 Days Wild - Osprey Joy

 

We watched the ospreys all through the lockdown in 2020, they were a source of much excitement. This year Louis and Dorcha's three 'bobs' hatched in the last 10 days and already doing well, lots of back and forth with the fish. It feels amazing that they go from egg to fully grown osprey in 4 months, then they just head off into the wild and don't really have much to do with each other; then they come back next year and do it all again. I read on the wiki page that since DDT was banned in many places in the 1970s numbers have made a significant recovery and they are not considered endangered. 

Stay safe. Be kind. Admire the raptors.

4 comments:

  1. I've been rather obsessed with the Puffin cameras on Skomer Island this year - I keep it on when I'm working and watch them coming too and fro from their burrows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching the BBC Spring watch cameras. The atrocious behaviour of the adolescent herons makes me feel better about my parenting situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's me Julie, but blogger thinks I'm anonymous

      Delete
  3. Nice post thank you Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.