Friday 26 April 2024

W is for Whisky

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter W
W is for Whisky, from the Gaelic 'uisce beatha' (you can hear the word if you say it aloud) which means 'water of life'. My dad drank whisky with water for years when I was a child, his means of winding down after the working day. I would make it for him when I was a teenager, a finger width of whisky and a finger width of water. I am not sure he does so much any more. It seems to be one of those acquired tastes that has been 'having a bit of a moment in the last few years, but I can't stand the stuff myself.

Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.



2 comments:

  1. I don't like whisky but it looks beautiful in a fine glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never met a whisky I haven't liked: Bourbon, Canadian, Scotch....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.