Sunday 1 March 2009

Knitting with Noro

I have been lusting (it's the only appropriate word here) after this yarn ever since I first encountered it on a trip to Sew In in Didsbury (in Manchester) with Julie. Noro is a Japanese company which produces the most fabulous yarns on the planet. This one I am using is called Silk Garden and is 45% silk, 45% kid mohair and 10% lambswool, and is absolutely gorgeous to knit with. Most of their yarns come in these fabulous variegated colourways so the designs are often quite simple in themselves, allowing the colours in the yarn to be the focus of the finished article. This pattern is called Lovlund and it comes from the second Cornelia Tuttle Hand Knitting Collection. I just wanted to put this up because it is so beautiful and I am so pleased with how it is looking (the photo really does not do proper justice to the colours), despite finding a small hole and having to pick back half a dozen rows. I will come back to this when it is completed.

2 comments:

  1. "Ahhhhhhh," she sighed longingly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohh, that is GORGEOUS!!! I loove Noro Yarn, I have many UFOs using Noro. I may just have to start knitting again. What is it going to be?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin