Saturday 24 November 2012

Poetry groupies

A wonderful afternoon was had by all, and it was quite a crowd that ventured out to the Whitworth. The event was put on by Poets and Players and included some very mellow jazz from Matthew Halsall,  Taz Modi, Gavin Barras and Chris Davies, followed by readings from Suzanne Batty and Simon Armitage. I have written about his collection 'Seeing Stars' and his most recent book 'Walking Home' so I consider myself quite a devotee, so while the audience loitered I took the opportunity to get him to sign my copy of Seeing Stars. I was a little awestruck and just thanked him for the reading and told him I had written about him on my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin