Sunday 5 June 2011

Busy weekend

I have been feeling a lot better and enjoying the sunshine on Friday Jules and I sat in the garden to do stuff for a stall she is having at a summer festival thing next week. The Boy is going to the World Scout Jamboree in Sweden this summer and they are raising money to pay for it (It costs a lot so the rich kids can subsidise the children coming from poor countries. If you have a spare fiver you can pop over HERE and donate to their fund.) Julie is mainly doing crochet hats, quick to create and always popular. I dug out some novelty yarns that I have had in my stash for ages and made this funky belt/scarf, am really pleased with it, hope it sells.
Then I got out this chunk of gleaned camel fluff that we collected two years ago on a trip to the Cotswold Wildlife Park. It has been combed and cleaned out a bit but had been waiting for ...
... me to spin in into something that resembles garden twine!! It's kind of soft in bits but mostly rather rough and hairy.
I had been thinking of a rustic look bracelet but think that they are a bit too rustic for the stall so now me and M have matching mother/daughter bracelets. I liked the nice simple pattern though and will knit some more up in nice coloured cotton for the stall.
I was also very bad (not supposed to be buying books) and popped around a couple of the charity shops on my way back from seeing the nurse yesterday, and came away with these four for under £3: Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver (because I am reading The Lacuna), Midnight All Day by Hanif Kureshi (short stories), At Paradise Gate by Jane Smiley (because I loved A Thousand Acres) and We were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates. So I am all set for the summer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin