Tuesday 18 October 2011

pi

As the birthdays creep past you can sometimes be caught unawares that in no time at all every single one of your offspring will be 'grown up'. Creature reaches the grand age of 17 today. I am at a loss as to what to do with such an annoying person, who claims to want no plans or anticipation in order to avoid what she sees as inevitable disappointment, but then has to be forcibly removed from the kitchen to prevent her searching the cupboards for ingredients I had just bought for a 'surprise' cake.
She asks for nothing, I mean quite literally, so I have knitted her a 'pi' scarf. It has pi to 60 digits on it, appealing to the geek-girl in her (Yes, I double checked it. After knitting to the '926' only to find I had missed out the second '1' and having to unravel four numerals, I had a moment of panic and went to Wiki just to make sure, then wrote it on a sheet of paper and crossed off each number as I knitted it.)
Cakey pictures to follow, she is off spending the day with her sister.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a Pi scarf, hope your daughter appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin