Friday 22 April 2016

Dewey's Readathon 2016 (not an A to Z post)

This fox was basking in the sunshine in our garden a couple of days ago and I always consider it a privilege to encounter wildlife at close quarters; she stayed for quite a few minutes, grooming herself and then stretching out on the grass, until she became aware of being observed through the kitchen window and made off through the undergrowth. Just sharing because...

We are all ready for the April Dewey's Readathon tomorrow; books are stacked, snacks are purchased, and I am hoping for a swift day at work so I can get back for a reasonable time. I looked up a few 'saved' book reviews and managed to find some of them available in the library, and we did a swift charity shop trawl this morning and came home with Asimov (for 10p), 'Dune' and 'Into the Wild' for Monkey and 'Tony Hogan bought me an Ice Cream' for me from the 99p table. I am going to start with 'The Fault in our Stars' by John Green, because I can rely on it to be a quick enjoyable read. Good luck to everyone participating, we will certainly do a bit of visiting and join in with some of the crazy challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.