Thursday 15 June 2023

Blooms for Bloom Day

There is so much going on in the garden it is hard to keep up. Things are thriving despite the heatwave. The violas (above) continue to delight and flower continually. These were a few scrubby plants that overwintered under the bench and now are earning their spot in the sunshine.
Below some verbena, in with the fennel and rather crowded out, but managing to make itself seen:
The scabious have been popping up all over the garden, self seeding like mad after having a few last year:
This salvia is flowering, though the other one behind is biding it's time:
The oxalis that colonises the side bed is recovering from yet another bout of the rust mould that means I chop it right back. It hasn't as much room as previous years but is a huge favourite with the bees:
Orange marigolds grown from seed this year. The plants are still quite small but they are beginning to flower:
The triffids by the back door are still producing copious amounts of blooms though the flowers on the really tall stems have pretty much finished. It's been fun but I think my space is too small to accommodate this giant so I will not be sorry to see them die back.
Campanula is another that I planted for the first time last year and have self seeded all over the place. They are a delight:

7 comments:

  1. I love that Foxclove, even though the space is a bit small for it. You have very lovely flowers for the month of June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked on the photos to enlarge them - really beautiful!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your parade of purple/lavender blooms, especially the oxalis. I have mixed luck with marigolds, and I'm not sure why. They are actually the first flower I ever tried to grow. Happy Bloom Day to you - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day is a special day, it seems. Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'Triffids' actually look delightful. As does that brick wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous blooms, especially the foxgloves and oxalis. I just love it when plants self seed, especially something as pretty as that campanula.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your foxglove are huge! They must like their location. Ours never get that big. I had to look up triffids to see if it was some local slang that I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the laugh, I hope you are able to pass by them safely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.