We are coming up to the two year anniversary of starting this project and are on the home run for our Beekeeper Quilt; the total currently stands at 335. We decided to lay them out to encourage ourselves (and to lie on it because it is just so fabulously squishy). We do have until September to finish when she will be going to London to be a Monkey.
They vary in size quite considerably, being knit in so many different yarns and with occasionally random size needles. Some are stuffed fat, some have hardly any filling:
and some are peculiar shapes ....
all of which will be included no matter what.
We made some minor adaptations to the pattern: we added extra rows sometimes if the hexipuff seemed a little 'squat' and then started doing the increases and decreases one stitch in from the edge, it gave a nice neat edging. Then Monkey decided to try increasing down the centre instead of at the edges, and this is what happened:
This one, amongst so many, is one of my favourites; it is done in a lovely delicate soft angora blend, it is quite a fine DK so it is one strand of pink and one strand of purple knitted together, giving this wonderful mottled effect:
Pop over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder for Fibre Arts Friday, share your fibre projects and check out some others.