Saturday 16 April 2022

N is for Novels

 

I love novels. You can tell by the tags in the sidebar, over 600 books in the last 13 years (though not all of them are novels of course). I don't particularly read for escapism, I read to understand the human condition. Ok, maybe sometimes I read for comfort. I love the way novels take you into someone else's world. A good novel takes you in and makes you forget your own for a while. I like to glimpse the infinite variety of human existence and experience. 

So for people who are not regulars here's just a little list of books from the last few years that have given me particular joy (and to remind me that I have not updated the book review list page for two years):

Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.
Stay safe. Be kind. Just read.

5 comments:

  1. Of your list you shared on this blog, the only one I have read is A Prayer for Owen Meany. I've written down several of the other books to check out to read in the future. I do enjoy reading novels and currently have set a goal to read 50 books this year (currently 17 read :)

    Always good advice to read!! I think one of the best gifts a parent can give to their child is a library card :)

    betty
    https://benchsnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since your 2016 and 2017 books are two of my favourites - I shall take your other choices as recommendations. I shall visit again - thanks for visiting me at
    https://how-would-you-know.com/2022/04/nuts-and-nature-naming.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes novels do provide a sneak peek in to human life and provide a outlet sometimes. Great recommendations

    Dropping by from a to z http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. From your list, I only read A Prayer for Owen Meany but forgot about it but I remember bits from the movie.

    I think any books that makes us think, feel, learn and just about anything is great. I see on your list they all seem to be standalones - how do you feel about book series? I like to think of them as novels split in parts.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a reader too. I've alwasy been, since I first became able to read by myself. Maybe this is why I find it so strange when I meet people who don't enjoy reading, LOL!

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Enter the New Woman

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.