Thursday 6 April 2023

E is for Erysimum

So I knew those latin names would come in handy because today brings us Erysimum, more commonly known as a wallflower. Mum sent me a couple of these perennial plants back in 2020 and they have flowered pretty much continuously since (again, this photo taken today). The bees absolutely love them and they come in a huge variety of colours. Supposedly they are easy to propagate from softwood cuttings but I have tried several times and had zero success. What I did do to this one was chop back 90% of it at the end of last summer as it had grown huge and flopped across the concrete getting in the way. It doesn't seem to mind one bit and has started flowering again.
Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter E
Stay safe. Be kind. Enjoy your Easter weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of these - so pretty!

    Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.