Sunday 30 April 2023

Z is for Zinnia

I only just realised as I went to schedule this post that there are five Sundays in April this year so that we have to post Z today. It's a total coincidence that I am growing some Zinnia seedlings, but look, it solves my Z conundrum. I think they came, like many of my home grown plants, as freebies in the Gardener's World magazine. (I will give them a little plug here as it is worth every penny; the website has loads of advice and plant information, and special offers for subscribers, the free seeds every year and free entry to gardens all over the country.)
The kitchen windowsill is the main site for growing seedling, if I put them in Tish's bedroom (that faces east) the cat will often trample on them or even knock them off.
Hopefully, later in the summer they may look something more like this:
Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter Z
Stay safe. Be kind. Plant seeds now.

7 comments:

  1. This was a great theme and I enjoyed your posts. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will give a welcome splash of riotous colour.
    Well done for completing the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zinnias are lovely, wish I can grown them. I hope yours will grow happily.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandfather and aunt had a wonderful garden next to their house when I was growing up. Zinnias were part of it, thanks for the memory. And congrats on making it to the letter Z!

    My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers! I enjoyed your A-Z posts this month.

    Ronel visiting for Z:
    My Languishing TBR: Z
    Zoo: Faery Frogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love zinnias! And what a perfect end to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found you (from a link on Ronel's blog) and I'm already sorry I didn't find you during the Challenge. Now I have some catching up.... I recently started some zinnia seeds from a kit I got from our local library (every month they have a "make and take" activity) but normally we direct seed ours in a community garden plot. They make such wonderful cut flowers. Anyway, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.