Saturday 8 April 2023

G is for Gargoyle

I know I said I was going to write about the flora and fauna but I couldn't resist the opportunity to repost the photo of Harold the gargoyle. I bought him from BrighthelmStone on Etsy last summer and his presence in the yard always makes me smile. I want to gradually add little quirky things hidden amongst the plants so that in the future when the grandkids are big enough to visit they will find it a fun place to be. When we were children our grandfather had a stone rabbit (I think) in the garden and I was enchanted by his story that there used to be a squirrel (or maybe it was the other way around) but that it had come to life and run away.
Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter G
Stay safe. Be kind. Gargoyles for gardens as well as churches.

7 comments:

  1. I get mixed up between gargoyles and grotesques - I think one is for water ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gargyoles fit in the category of "fauna."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful gargoyle! I've got lots of little gargoyles (technically grotesques, as the first commenter pointed out) in my house, but I wish I had a bigger one for the garden.
    https://nydamprintsblackandwhite.blogspot.com/2023/04/good-golden-galloping-guide.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding quirky statuary in gardens; your gargoyle/grotesque is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought he was a frog, crouching low like that. I guess I'm too used to seeing gargoyles high up on rooftops. Did you name him Harold or was that the name when you purchased him?

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love gargoyles and when we visited New Orleans, we had to buy a shelf sitter one. He guards our kitchen!

    Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.