Tuesday 11 April 2023

I is for Ivy

I think I was wrong yesterday, I think actually the ivy was the first thing I planted. Before I tried to do anything else, not long after we moved in in 2019 I bought a little ivy plant and stuck it in the bottom damp shady corner because, while I knew practically nothing about plants back then, but I did know that ivy would grow in the shade. It did nothing much for a year or two, which was disappointing as it has a reputation for taking over, and then decided to make its way over the edge of the flowerbed. So last summer I put up some wires along the whole length of the wall so that I could coax it to grow up instead. They will cling of their own accord with tiny roots attaching to the bricks and it is finally starting to do so. The main purpose was to give me something green right outside the living room window, which is slowly working out.
Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter I
Stay safe. Be kind. Keep that nose to the grindstone.

2 comments:

  1. Growing up in New England, most north side walls of brick buildings had ivy. I've always loved the look.

    Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.