Saturday 15 April 2023

M is for Moths and other Ms

There are lots of lovely M things in the garden, but I find I do not have any old photos anywhere of the Miscanthus and it's looking a bit shabby at the moment. So here are some other lovely M things.
Moth, above, species unknown. I have learned a lot of bees but no moths yet.
Below is a migrant hoverfly:
It is just the time of year for the Magnolia to be out. My sister has a lovely one in her garden, but this was taken out on delivery on Parsonage road last year:
This is my baby Mango tree. I grew it from a mango stone. This was about how big it got before it went very sad and all the leaves shrivelled and died:
Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter M
Stays safe. Be kind. Mmmmmm.

4 comments:

  1. We have a magnolia in the front yard that's just starting to bud...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your moth is a mint moth, i think - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of our hot spell the past few days, our magnolias (New York State) are in full bloom. They will probably be gone in the next day or two. That's early for us. I'm not any good at moth ID.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.