Saturday 29 April 2023

Y is for Yard

 



This was my yard when we moved in. These photos were taken in 2019 by the surveyor, before we bought our house. It is about 12 feet square, plus the little corridor from the back door.
There was a huge bay tree, a fern and when the summer came the walls were festooned with these wonderful purple flowers that the bees just love. They die off every year and come back again when it warms up:
First the worms arrived, then mum and Claire bought me a bench for my birthday. Then I painted the walls and added a barrel as a pond.
There were quite a few pots already by 2020, as you can see making use of empty paint pots and all sorts.
Then water buttt arrived, followed by a friend in 2021 when I realised one was not enough (in fact I am considering a third):
By summer 2021 the place is filling up nicely:
Sometimes it gets a bit chaotic:
2022 I added a lovely ladder planter (from Garden Wood Uk on Etsy):
You can still just about get from the house to the garden:
Then my sister visits and helps me get everything in order:
And the birds eye view in 2022 has hardly any concrete showing at all:
Linking back to the A to Z Challenge.

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter Y
Stay safe. Be kind. Plant a garden, no matter how small.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful transformation - you should be proud!!! It's beautiful.

    Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions (reading or otherwise) always most welcome.